Mountainfilm’s volunteer coordinator is responsible for managing and scheduling festival volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits Mountainfilm festival volunteers through Mountainfilm channels.
- Schedules and places volunteers in various festival roles based on their qualifications and available positions
- Attends weekly staff meetings February–May and provides volunteer updates to the team
- Update the volunteer link and go live with the volunteer application when passes go on sale.
- Responsible for reviewing and processing all volunteer applications through Mountainfilm’s volunteer CRM and maintains the integrity of the volunteer data records
- Develops and executes a comprehensive volunteer training and orientation before the festival to ensure that all volunteers are knowledgeable and feel valued
- Creates and maintains the master volunteer schedule and provides information to festival managers
- Assigns tasks and responsibilities to volunteers and troubleshoots issues
- Manages volunteer desk at the festival hospitality center
- Maintains volunteer database, tracks volunteers hours and festival benefits
- Works closely with the passes manager to create volunteer passes
- Creates and sends thank you letters to volunteers
- Coordinates the post-festival volunteer appreciation party
- Provides an after the festival wrap report due by mid-June annually
- Other administrative and management duties as assigned
One year related progressive experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong managerial and customer service skills
- Experience working with Apple computers
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite products
- Ability to function under pressure, identify and solve problems, and manage competing demands
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral
- Absolute commitment to ethical standards and high-quality service
- Ability to work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people
Dedicated workstation in an open office environment where festival staff can grow from two to ten people during busy times.
The candidate should live in the Telluride area or be willing to relocate to start the position. Mountainfilm is not able to offer a relocation package at this time.
Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 50 pounds across the office for various needs.
Mountainfilm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.
|JOB TITLE||Volunteer Coordinator|
|REPORTS TO||Festival Producer|
|FLSA||Hourly Non-Exempt – Part Time Seasonal|
|JOB PERIOD||February 1 to May 30, 2024|
|PAY RANGE||$21 Per Hour|